NEW TOS "A Word or Two" [G[ K/S vignette
Farfalla Caqui
2004-11-08 00:21:27 UTC
Title: A Word or Two
Author: Farfalla the Butterfly-Kitten
Rating: G, vignette
Pairing: K/S
Thanks to Hy for inventing the word.
----------------------------------

Admiral Kirk lay in bed on his side, facing the little viewscreen in
the bedroom. Mellowed from the effects of Dr. McCoy's alcoholic
birthday gift, he listened to Spock tell him about all the little
stories and adventures of this week up in the Enterprise. The hijinks
of the trainees Spock was teaching made for an unusual bedtime story,
but anything would have sufficed--just to be able to share these last
few moments of his--birthday--with Spock in some way made him rest
easier.

"Did you have a good birthday, Jim?" Spock finally asked when he had
exhausted his anecdotes.

"As good as I let myself, I guess. Of course, I'd have had more fun if
you were down here, but that's Starfleet. I'm just glad you called to
sing me to sleep." Jim nestled against the pillow. "Sure would be nice
to have you within hugshot."

"Hugshot, Jim?" Spock regarded him quizzically. "Did you find that
word in the archaic volume I presented you this morning?"

"Dickens? Use a word like 'hugshot'?" Kirk grinned. "Yeah, sure." He
knew Spock knew he was kidding.

"Good night, t'hy'la. I will see you at the inspection." Spock held
two fingers toward the screen on his end, and Kirk mirrored the action
as best he could in his state of exhaustion and inebriation. Then the
screen blacked, and the connection was cut.

Kirk closed his eyes, hugged his pillow tightly, and fell into a good
dream.

//
Gamin Davis
2004-11-08 07:41:20 UTC
Title: A Word or Two
Author: Farfalla the Butterfly-Kitten
Rating: G, vignette
Pairing: K/S
Thanks to Hy for inventing the word.
----------------------------------
LOL--cute--"hugshot". I love it. (That should be a Sniglet,
which is "a word that isn't in the dictionary, but should be"--you
used to be able to find books of them. There were even some
Trek-related ones, like "kirkwalking": boldly going where no one has
walked before. <BG>)
Gamin

P.S. This is almost KSFF-safe. :^)
Farfalla Caqui
2004-11-08 14:27:54 UTC
Title: A Word or Two
Author: Farfalla the Butterfly-Kitten
Rating: G, vignette
Pairing: K/S
Thanks to Hy for inventing the word.
----------------------------------
LOL--cute--"hugshot". I love it.
Thanks!
Post by Gamin Davis
(That should be a Sniglet,
which is "a word that isn't in the dictionary, but should be"--you
used to be able to find books of them.
I've heard of one of those books--by Douglas Adams. He has a word for
that feeling when you get up to go to another room to get something
and when you get there, you can't remember what you needed.
Post by Gamin Davis
P.S. This is almost KSFF-safe. :^)
Cool! Why the 'almost'?

~Farfie
Gamin Davis
2004-11-09 03:38:07 UTC
Post by Farfalla Caqui
I've heard of one of those books--by Douglas Adams. He has a word for
that feeling when you get up to go to another room to get something
and when you get there, you can't remember what you needed.
Probably--been a while since I read one of the books.
Post by Farfalla Caqui
Post by Gamin Davis
P.S. This is almost KSFF-safe. :^)
Cool! Why the 'almost'?
Only because of one of the last scenes, the touching-fingers
thing on the screen. I think most people will associate that with a
romantic-type relationship because we've only seen a het couple do it.
Gamin