NEW TOS drabble "Best Gratification" [PG-13] K/S, K/f
Farfalla Caqui
2004-11-20 15:40:29 UTC
Title: Best Gratification
Author: Farfalla the Butterfly-Kitten
Email: blueberrysnail @ yahoo dot com
Rating: PG-13, drabble
Pairings: K/S, K/f
called woman"... Kirk reflects on this quote of his from the TMP
novelization.

BEST GRATIFICATION

Gratification: that which affords pleasure to the senses. Women are
beautiful beings: soft-fleshed, apple-fragrant, and with voices to
match violins. I can't think of a sense to which they don't afford
pleasure--even taste, provided one has a palate for their fruity musk.

Senses, however, do not dictate our every direction. What is it that
draws me to him even though his torso is not soft, but firm with
muscle--even though his taste is salty, not of fruit?

His intelligence... his companionship... his devotion. His mind. The
way our thoughts attune, and we are halves of one complete being.

//
a***@cox.net
2004-12-07 22:44:47 UTC
I think this is the first time I've ever seen a K/S fan address this
point. I only wish you'd do it at more length. ;^)
Gamin
Farfalla CaquĆ­
2004-12-10 07:32:59 UTC
A lot of K/S fans don't know how to handle Kirk's obvious appreciation
of women. Should they fear it as a threat to the relationship, or... or
what? Me, I live with this kind of thing every day, so I thought my
perspective might contribute something worth making a drabble out of.

Plus, it gave me a forum to say nice fuzzy things about females :-)

(I started writing random yeomen femslash involving knitting
lessons.... oh boy, t'was only a matter of time :P )
a***@cox.net
2004-12-14 00:35:31 UTC
Well, it looks like you handled it with reasonable objectivity. Maybe
your particular sexual orientation gives you an advantage in that
regard?
Gamin